Learn To Listen and Love
We all have some challenging behaviors that we struggle with. However, your daughter may be having ongoing behaviors that can have a lasting effect on her all the way through adulthood. Check out some tips to help with some of the behaviors as well as words to live by.
Believe it or not all children behave badly from time to time. But, when you have ongoing defiance, hostility and a little refusal to work with, you have a real behavior problem. You’ve got a problem that will affect the whole family which then needs immediate and assertive attention. Girls will have behavioral problems for a lot of different reasons, I think that my tips will help cut down on some of the behaviors.
Daughters have two kinds of days, good ones and the days when things just won’t go her way. Understand and know that you can’t fight the constant disappointments that kids have today but you can give them the tools for dealing with their daily challenges.
She will not always agree with your decisions but she does have to both respect and comply with them. It is your responsibility to encourage healthy behaviors by using some tips and three words to live by.
Learn – Learn her likes and dislikes. Take the time to learn each other. Learn your daughter’s strengths and weaknesses. Learn when it is a good time and when it is a bad time for conversation.
Listen – Listening to your daughter will boost her self-esteem. Children need the active attention of their parents. Understand that one of the best gifts you can give your daughter is to listen.
Love – Loving your daughter and showing it will help create good behaviors. Love her unconditionally. Loving her no matter what will create better behaviors.
Tips that will make your life easier when parenting your daughter:
• Watch the sugar intake (sugar can cause hyperactivity)
• Communicate what other stresses are in your daughter’s life (unspoken stress can cause upsets)
• Lack of activities (kids must stay active or their thinking patterns can cause negative thoughts and then behaviors)
• School (school assignments that are not understood can cause a child to lose their self-esteem)
• Behavior modification (sometimes what you say and how you say it makes all the difference in the world)
• Bad situation (something bad or something happened that caused her to feel uncomfortable that she can’t speak about that may be causing behavior problems) (i.e. friend, relative, teacher, stranger)
• Have her tested (children may have some behavior problems due to mental challenges)
• Communicate daily (no matter what age)
• Hormones (our hormones undoubtedly have a huge influence on us - infancy, puberty, pregnancy and menopause,)
• Encourage her to explore her personal interests (this will empower her to reach for the sky)
• Send her a card in the mail with a personal note inside (no matter what age)
Life will throw little surprises to you daily how you manage them will make a big difference in your life. Ignoring small bad behaviors will not go away. They will only be redirected and if continued to ignore could be the result of some unexplained behaviors. Learn your daughter, listen to her and by all means love her unconditionally.
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.