Easy Almond Peach Streusel Cake Recipe
The Official Hancock Tasters quickly devoured this cake, and there weren’t many leftovers. However, those leftovers stayed moist and good for a couple of days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
1 15.25 ounce butter golden cake mix, or other butter recipe yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup water
3 medium peaches, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
Sweetened whipped cream, if you like
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the cake mix, butter, eggs, almond extract, and water in a mixing bowl until smooth; add the peaches and mix on medium speed for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, prepare the streusel topping: measure the brown sugar and almonds into the bowl of a food processor; process until the almonds are chopped.
- Add the butter and flour; pulse until combined, but still crumbly.
- Assembly: Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with half of the streusel. Repeat.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting. Top each piece with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 130
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 4% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 207 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 39%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.