Cranberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
This beautiful cake makes a nice addition to a dessert buffet, and it's a nice cake to take to a gathering or pot luck. The buttery, sweet, tart slices are addicting, so you can be sure there won't be leftovers.
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 - 3 cups whole berry cranberry sauce, preferably homemade
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Thoroughly blend the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking powder into a fine strainer set over the mixing bowl; shake over the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cranberry sauce over and swirl in; repeat the layers two more times.
- Bake about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 108
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 5% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 194 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.