Key Lime & Cranberry Swirl Pie Recipe
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons melted butter
3 large eggs, separated
1 large egg
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup fresh lime juice, key lime is best, but regular lime is good too
zest of 1 lime
1 cup Cranberry Orange Filling
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter; press into a deep-dish 9" glass pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until firm; remove from the oven.
- Whisk together the 3 egg yolks, whole egg, condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the lime mixture and pour into the prepared pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cranberry orange filling evenly into the pie and use a knife to swirl slightly.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set; remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Wrap the pie in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least eight hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pipe with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle with additional lime zest. Place cranberries decoratively on the whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 128
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 9% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 139 mg
Sodium 261 mg
Total Carbohydrate 52 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.