Do Nothing Cake Recipe
This cake is easiest when you use an electric mixer, however, it can be easily mixed by hand with perfect results. You can also substitute almonds or walnuts for the pecans if you prefer.
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, (with juice)
1/2 cup butter, (no subs)
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk, (1/2 of a 12 ounce can)
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Measure the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix, then add the eggs, vanilla, and crushed pineapple.
- Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and poke holes all over the surface with a fork.
- Meanwhile, while the cake is baking, make the topping: Mix the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan; stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Let the mixture boil, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut and pecans.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the warm cake.
- Let the cake cool thoroughly before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 122
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 33% Protein 4% Carb. 63%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 189 mg
Total Carbohydrate 59 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 38 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.