Coconut Almond Chocolate Chippers Recipe
Although these cookies are really good and stay fresh for up to a week, they are especially good slightly warm or on the day they are made when the chocolate is still gooey.
About 6 dozen cookies
1 cup softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped almonds
2 cups coconut flakes
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the butter, white and brown sugars, and vanilla and almond extracts in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture; shake through.
- Mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, scoop balls onto parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from the oven.
- Transfer to cooling racks and let cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 60
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 4% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.