Valentine's Day Oatmeal Bars Recipe
If you want to make a fancy dessert, top each bar with a scoop of good ice cream and cover with hot fudge sauce. M & M?s candies come in colors for holidays, and red, white, and pink ones are available from January through February. You can substitute for other holidays if you wish.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 11 oz. package M & M's Candies, Valentine's Day
1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Line an 11" x 17" baking sheet with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture and shake through.
- Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips, M & M's candies, and dried cherries, mixing on low speed.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.