Mani Pedi - Love to Hands and Feet
Skin Care Matters ...
So, a manicure and pedicure, at least twice a month, should be part of your skin care regimen. Harnessing the power of natural ingredients helps nourish your skin and your soul.
Let's start with your hands. You'll often have a lotion, hand cream or butter in your purse to handle dry or ashy hands. But what about your cuticles? You know, that part of your fingers that gets the hangnails and seam to be constantly ignored. Show them some love by massaging them with a little rose oil.
Here's a recipe packed with skin loving essential oils to soften and nurture your cuticles.
Rose Cuticle Oil
Tools and Ingredients:
1/4 quarter organic sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons of organ oil
Glass brown bottle with dropper
3 drops geranium essential oil
4 drops rose essential oil
2 drops lavender essential oil
A cuticle stick
How to make:
- Using your funnel, add the sweet almond oil and organ oil to your glass bottle.
- Add the essential oils to the carrier oils.
- Place the dropper in the bottle and shake to combine the blend.
- Use a cuticle stick to gently push your cuticles back from the face of your nail.
- Gently rub a drop or two of the cuticle oil on your cuticles and around your nail bed
Everyone likes a good foot soak. Here's a great Herbal Infused Foot Soak recipe for tired feet.
4 cups of water
1 tablespoon fresh/dried lavender buds
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, aerial parts
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
1/4 cup Epsom salt
Fresh flowers and sliced citrus fruit are optional
How To make:
- Heat the water in a pot on the stovetop until a low simmer begins, then remove from heat.
- Add lavender, rosemary and lemon zest to the pot.
- Cover with a lid and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the herbal infused water and set it aside.
Combine the eucalyptus essential oil with the almond oil and mix it into the Epsom salt. Add this mixture to your herbal infused water. Pour the soak into your basin or bathtub. You can add the fresh flowers and citrus to adorn the basin if you choose at this point.
Find a comfortable seat and immerse your feet into the basin or tub. the warm water and herbs will help soften your feet and nails. When you’re done, take a towel and pat dry. Now you can trim your toe nails, massage your cuticles with your Rose Cuticle Oil from above and finish your treatment off with a nice body butter.
Your hands and feet are hard workers. Show them lots of love. You can thank Marlene Adelmann for the recipes. Check her out at: theherbalacademy.com
That's it for this week. As always ...
Dedicated To Your Beauty
Nyraju Skin Care
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Juliette Samuel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Juliette Samuel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Juliette Samuel for details.