Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe
Since banana bread is actually cake, this recipe can be prepared in several different shaped pans such as a small (6-cup) Bundt pan, round or square pans that fit into the pot, or other pans that you might find if you look at the back of the cupboard or in the garage.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 medium bananas, (enough to make a cup or so of mashed banana)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Spray a loaf pan or mini Bundt pan that will fit in the Instant Pot liberally with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and bananas until light; add the eggs, beating well.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the banana mixture; shake through.
- Mix well and add the sour cream, vanilla, and walnuts; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Spray a piece of foil with non-stick spray and cover the pan, leaving a little room for the bread to rise.
- Place a rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour in 1 1/2 cups water.
- Place the pan on the rack.
- Cover the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing, and set the pot to 60 minutes.
- When the cycle is finished, let sit 10 minutes, release the pressure, and remove the pan from the pot to cool 15 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack and cool thoroughly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 139
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 6% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 356 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.