Magic Lemon Cake Recipe
Springtime is a popular time for lemon desserts, and the following Lemon Magic Cake is perfect for an easy, delicious dessert. You can garnish your cake with seasonal berries or mint, if you want it to look special.
4 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
1 3/4 cups lukewarm milk
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray an 8" x 8" baking dish with Baker's Joy or spray with non-stick spray and dust with flour.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and beat with the sugar until very light.
- Gradually beat in the butter and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and beat until smooth.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir in the lemon zest.
- With the mixer on low, add the milk. The batter will be very thin.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the whites into the batter; since the batter is quite thin, there will be clumps of the egg white - this is as it should be.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until set in the middle (some recipes say it takes up to 70 minutes, but that is in rare cases with an oven that is not heating properly).
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 96
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 8% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 96 mg
Sodium 165 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.