Slow Cooker Rhubarb Dump Cake Recipe
While dump desserts like this can be baked in the oven, this one doesn’t heat up the kitchen and this one doesn’t require any supervision while cooking. And it’s sooo good. Even rhubarb haters will like it. You can serve it with good vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
1 pound fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/4" dice (4 cups)
3/4 cup sugar
1 3 oz. package raspberry or strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup water
15 1/4 ounces yellow cake Mix
1/4 cup melted butter
Sweetened whipped cream, or ice cream for serving
- Dump the rhubarb into the bottom of a 3-4 quart slow cooker (preferably with a larger footprint rather than being tall).
- Sprinkle the sugar over the rhubarb, then the gelatin over the sugar; pour the water over the gelatin.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the mixture.
- Pour the butter over the cake mix.
- Cover the slow cooker, set to low, and let cook 4-6 hours or until the rhubarb is tender and the top portion is cooked through.
- Tilt the lid slightly for about 15 minutes to evaporate any extra liquid that may have accumulated.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 23% Protein 1% Carb. 76%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 289 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 33 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.