Ginger Apricot Quick Bread Recipe
Although this yummy bread is good on its own, you can spread it with butter or lightly sweetened cream cheese. It is similar to a cake, so it can be baked in a tube or Bundt pan instead of two loaf pans and served as a cake; top it with a light glaze if you like.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups pitted and diced fresh apricots
1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped (easiest when done with kitchen scissors)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray two medium (8½ x 4½ x 2½ inches) loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs with the sugar and oil.
- Measure the salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a fine strainer set over the egg mixture; mix well at low speed.
- Fold in the apricots and ginger.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared pans and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then invert onto cooling racks. Let the loaves cool thoroughly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 89
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 4% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 157 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.