Pumpkin Swirl Brownies Recipe
Anyone who loves pumpkin, know that chocolate and pumpkin are delicious together, and since these brownies can be made a day or two ahead, are a convenient and timesaving way to include an alternative to pie. The most important aspect, of course, is that they are delicious.
5 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice or baking spice
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a 9" x 11" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix, egg, and vanilla; spread evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese with the sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and ground mixed spice until smooth.
- Drop mounds of the pumpkin mixture over the surface of the brownie batter; swirl the mixtures together.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Sift a little powdered sugar over the finished brownies before cutting them into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 75
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 5% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g 13%
Saturated Fat 3 g 14%
Cholesterol 34 mg 11%
Sodium 124 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.