How to Eat Your Way to Health and Beauty, Awesome
What if you could have foods that taste good and are good for you. Bring on the recipes.
Thai Butternut Squash Soup - My first cup of butternut squash soup was not in a traditional Thai restaurant. It was actually Panera Bread Company, go figure! This creamy textured soup has vitamins A, C and E. They all promote healthy skin and hair. This soup is also a good prebiotic source.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1 butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed. Cut into cubes
2 cups vegetable stock or broth
1 can coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
1 teaspoon sea salt
Maca powder (optional)
4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut cream or a scoop of solid coconut cream from the top of the can of coconut milk. You’ll see this when you open the can.
Crushed peanuts for garnish
Chopped cilantro for garnish
1 lime sliced
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cool until translucent and soft. About 5 minutes
2. Add curry paste and stir well.
3. Add cubed butternut squash to the pot and then add vegetable broth, coconut milk and salt.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the squash is cooked through.
5. Some of you will opt for an immersion blender, to blend the butternut squash into soup to create a creamy texture. Before I knew what an immersion blender was, I used a regular blender that had a “Cream” setting and it worked for me.
If you have the Grand Dame of Nutri Bullets, your can use it to blend your ingredients and it will give you a hot soup.
5. Stir in the maca powder at this point if you use it.
Smoothie to the rescue. Catherine McCord has a new book titled: The Smoothie Project. Here’s one that’s great tasting, at least I think so, and is great for your body from the inside out.
3 3/4 cups of frozen mango chunks.
1 1/2 inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled or1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric.
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper.
1 pinch cayenne (optional).
1 tablespoon coconut MCT or XTC oil.
1/4 teaspoon fresh lime zest.
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice.
1 cup coconut water.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Great results ...
Great nutrition, exercise and plenty of rest go hand -n- hand when it comes to beautiful skin and a healthy body. Use these recipes as inspiration to jump start your health and beauty.
That's it for this week. As always …
Dedicated To Your Beauty
Nyraju Skin Care
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Juliette Samuel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Juliette Samuel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Juliette Samuel for details.