Chocolate Mint Cookie Truffle Recipe
These keep for a long time and can be frozen, if necessary. They are good year round, and are also an easy addition to holiday dessert platters or buffets. And incidentally, don’t forget to serve them on Valentine’s Day where chocolate is a must.
Makes about 50 truffles
1 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon mint extract
1 15-16 ounce package mint sandwich cookies
1/2 cup dark unsweetened baking cocoa, (about)
- Measure the chocolate chips and whipping cream into a microwave-safe glass container.
- Microwave 3 minutes; let sit 5 minutes.
- Whisk until thick; stir in the mint extract.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process to very fine crumbs.
- Stir the cookies into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Chill until the mixture is set enough to scoop.
- Measure the cocoa onto a large plate.
- Scoop 1" balls from the mixture, roll into balls, and roll in the cocoa.
- Chill until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 64 Calories from Fat 36
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 3% Carb. 41%
Nutrient Amount per Truffle
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 32 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.