Best Raspberry Pie Filling Recipe
The glaze for the raspberries in this filling is made with blended strawberries thickened with modified food starch (marketed as Ultra Gel or Clear Gel), which doesn’t go cloudy like cornstarch or flour. The strawberries paired with raspberries bring out the raspberry flavor. If you’re looking for an all-purpose filling, this is absolutely the best one.
1 pound strawberries
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup ultra gel
juice of 1 large lemon
4 cups fresh raspberries, washed and drained well
- Hull the strawberries and place them in the blender with the sugar and water.
- Blend until smooth; pour into a saucepan; whisk in the Ultra Gel.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Continue whisking until thickened and clear.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries.
- Pour into a baked 9" pie shell or use for another purpose. Chill before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 5
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 3% Protein 2% Carb. 95%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 85% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.