Fresh Peach Pudding Cake Recipe
If you have blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, you can add a handful for color and extra flavor. Almost any fresh fruit works in this pudding cake, so you can experiment with your favorites.
3 to 4 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Spread the peaches evenly on the bottom of a 7" x 11" glass baking dish or 9" x 9" glass baking dish.
- Cake Batter: Whisk together the 3/4 cup sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk in the butter, milk, and extracts; continue whisking until smooth and spread over the peaches.
- Mix the topping ingredients (1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch) and sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Pour the boiling water over all.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until the top has formed a crisp topping. Serve warm or room temperature plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 15% Protein 4% Carb. 81%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 245 mg
Total Carbohydrate 65 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 44 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.