Fresh Peach Kuchen Recipe
3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter
4 pounds fresh peaches
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 egg yolks
2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder; cut in the butter until it looks like small peas. Press the crust into the prepared pan.
- Filling: Bring a large pan to a boil, add the peaches, let them cook 1 minute, and plunge them into cold water. At this point the skins will easily slide off.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and slice.
- Place the slices evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, grate the nutmeg over the peaches, and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Topping: Mix the egg yolks and sour cream; spread over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the sour cream mixture with the sugar and grate some nutmeg over the top.
- Place back in the oven and bake an additional 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 233
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 5% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 125 mg
Sodium 287 mg
Total Carbohydrate 67 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 24 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 17% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.