Easiest Rhubarb Pie Recipe
This is a perfect way to use up a pile of that rhubarb without spending too much time in the kitchen. You can also use the quick filling to fill tart shells. Although homemade pie shells are much better, you can also use a frozen pie shell or a refrigerated one to save time. The filling would also be good in a graham cracker crust.
4 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 9" baked pie shell
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the juices begin to come from the rhubarb, stirring constantly.
- Once the liquid is present, stir until boiling; turn down the heat and stir until the rhubarb is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pie filling; refrigerate several hours until the pie is set.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form; spread over the pie.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 168
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 3% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 151 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.