Almost Heydays Recipe
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped peanuts, divided
2 pounds vanilla sugar wafers
1 1/2 pounds ready-made caramel, such as Peters
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Line an 11" x 17" jelly roll pan with parchment and spray with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle half of the peanuts evenly over the parchment.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped chocolate chips over the peanuts.
- Place in the oven for 7 minutes; remove from the oven and press the vanilla sugar wafers down over the melty chocolate.
- Place the caramel in a large glass measuring cup that has been sprayed with non-stick spray; microwave one and 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, stir, and microwave an additional minute.
- Stir and spread evenly over the sugar wafers.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped chocolate chips over the caramel and the remaining peanuts over the chocolate.
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and with an offset spatula, spread evenly.
- Let the bars cool thoroughly before cutting into 72 bars or squares (6 across and 12 lengthwise). Store at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 87
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 47% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 47 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.