Ranger Cookies Recipe
Although not fancy, these cookies are addicting, and are perfect for filling up the cookie jar.
About 5 Dozen
1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the shortening and sugars; beat in the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until very light.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the sugar mixture; shake through.
- Mix well on low speed.
- Stir in the oats, crisp rice cereal, and coconut. The dough will be fairly crumbly; this is as it should be.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough, and use wet hands to roll them into balls; place on parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheets, and press down slightly.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to cooling racks and cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 42
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 5% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.