German Chocolate Pie Recipe
1 1/2 cups milk
4 ounces Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate, (1 bar)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour, or 1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 9" baked pie shell
6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Place the milk in a microwave-safe container; add the chocolate bar and heat 3-5 minutes or until almost boiling.
- Meanwhile mix the sugar and flour; stir in the milk, eggs, and salt; mix well (I use a bullet blender).
- Whisk the flour/sugar/egg mixture into the hot milk and whisk until smooth; microwave 2 minutes on high power and whisk well.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes or until thickened; whisk in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie shell.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the filling and chill.
- Topping: melt the butter in a small saucepan; whisk in the sugar, whipping cream, and egg yolk.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Let cool and spread over the pie. Chill well.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 384
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 5% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 43 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Sodium 519 mg
Total Carbohydrate 55 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 27 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.