Chocolate Caramel Binge Bars Recipe
Although you can choose to unwrap a package of caramels, it is much easier to purchase a large block of caramel (Peter’s is a favorite brand), and cut off what you need. Not only is this easier, but the caramel is made with real cream and butter, so it is much better than the caramels in the packages you have to unwrap. The block lasts for a long time when stored in a cool place, and doesn’t get hard, so don’t worry about having it around for too long. Some stores also carry packages of unwrapped caramels, you’ll want to use them to save time if a block isn’t available.
32 luscious bars
Crust and Topping:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
11 ounces bulk caramel, such as Peters or unwrapped caramels
3 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 1/4 sheet pan or 9" x 13" baking dish with parchment.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, oats, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter pieces and cut them in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture evenly into the prepared pan; bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven
- Meanwhile, place the caramel, whipping cream, and butter in a microwave safe container, microwave 2 minutes, then let sit 2 or 3 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust, spreading to the edges.
- Crumble the remaining 1/4 of the dough evenly over the caramel mixture.
- Bake 15 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 105
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 2% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.