Easy Mocha Bundt® Cake Recipe
The mocha glaze adds moistness, so this delicious cake will last a week or so if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. You probably won’t have to test that theory, however, because it will disappear quickly.
1 15.25 ounce devil's food cake mix
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon instant coffee
3/4 cup hottest tap water
1/2 cup coffee liqueur
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard Bundt® pan (10 inch) liberally with Baker's Joy (or the equivalent). If that isn't available, spray with non-stick spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Place the cake mix, white and brown sugar, chocolate pudding mix, and eggs in the bowl of a mixer.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and add to the mix with the oil and coffee liqueur.
- Turn on the mixer and mix on low speed, scraping down the sides once or twice, until mixed.
- Turn the speed up to medium and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bang the pan on the counter once or twice to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake leaves the side of the pan. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, while the cake is baking, make the Glaze; melt the butter in a small saucepan; add the sugar and stir over low to medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Turn the heat up a little and stir in the liqueur and heat through.
- When the cake is done, use a skewer to poke holes over the surface; pour the warm glaze over all and let sit 15 minutes to soak in.
- Invert onto a serving platter and let cool thoroughly before cutting into slices. If there are leftovers, cover tightly with plastic wrap. The cake stays moist up to a week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 116
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 29% Protein 3% Carb. 68%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 361 mg
Total Carbohydrate 67 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 33 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.