Cherry Chocolate Valentine Pudding Recipe
You can use any type of chocolate cookies such as chocolate fudge sandwich cookies, or chocolate covered grahams, but testing was done with the extra chocolaty dark chocolate fudge stripes ( I used Keebler brand). It seems only right to make a Valentine’s day dessert as chocolaty as possible.
1 11.5 ounce package Fudge Stripes Dark Chocolate cookies
1 15 oz. can cherry pie filling, or if you like extra cherries, use a 21 ounce can
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/3 cup sugar
1 dash salt
- Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer half of the cookies over the bottom of the crock; spread with half of the pie filling and sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies, top with the remaining pie filling and chocolate chips.
- Measure the eggs, milk, cocoa, sugar, and salt into a blender container; blend until smooth, scraping the sides once or twice.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies, pie filling, and chocolate chips.
- Cover the crock, set the temperature to high, and let cook one hour.
- Turn the temperature down to low and let the pudding cook until the custard is set, 3-4 additional hours.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker; let the excess liquid evaporate and serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 139
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 6% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.