Irish Mist Cake Recipe
If you don’t have a small Bundt pan (7.5” x 3” – with a 6-cup capacity), you can bake this in a small tube pan that can handle the 6 cups batter. Alternately, the recipe can be doubled to fit into a standard (10” x 3.5” – 12 cup capacity) Bundt pan. If you choose to do this, it will take longer to bake, but you’ll have lots more delicious cake to eat.
1/2 cup butter (preferably Irish butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons Irish Mist Liqueur, divided
1 1/3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chopped dark chocolate
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons Irish Mist Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Spray a small Bundt (7.5" x 3”) pan or ring pan with Baker's Joy or nonstick spray and a dusting of flour.
- Cake: Cream the butter, sugar, and honey in a mixing bowl until light; beat in the milk, eggs, and one tablespoon of the Irish Mist Liqueur.
- Place a fine strainer over the mixture, measure in the self-rising flour and baking powder; shake through. With the mixer on low speed, mix well, scraping the sides once or twice.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; remove from the oven.
- Use a skewer to poke holes over the surface of the cake in the pan and drizzle the remaining two tablespoons Irish Mist Liqueur over the top (any alcohol will evaporate with the heat from the cake).
- Let the cake sit 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Mix the chocolate and whipping cream; Microwave 2 minutes. Let sit 3 minutes and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Whisk in the 2 tablespoons Irish Mist Liqueur.
- Drizzle the mixture over the top of the cooled cake; it will run down the sides. Let the glaze set before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 137
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 4% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 108 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.