Patriotic Brookies Recipe
Once the mixes are made, a pan of brookies is just a few minutes away with a minimum of hands-on time.
48 Bars or Squares
4 cups Mom’s Brownie Mix
Mom's Brownie Mix
2 cups finely grated zucchini, or yellow squash
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups red, white, and blue M & M's Candies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 11" x 17" jellyroll pan with non-stick spray, line it with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Brownie Layer: Mix the brownie mix, eggs, zucchini, and vanilla until fairly smooth.
- Spread over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Cookie Layer: Mix the sugar cookie mix, eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in 2 cups of M&Ms.
- Drop dollops of the mixture over the surface of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining M&Ms.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 48 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 6% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.