Shortcut Berry Cheese Morning Buns Recipe
These buns are perfect for a special brunch or weekend breakfast. However, they are very easy and quick to put together. You can use your favorite berries – blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries, and/or blackberries. Spreading with a cream cheese filling softens the dough slightly without destroying the flakiness so that it is very similar to croissant dough.
6 Morning Buns
13 1/4 ounces refrigerated puff pastry
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 ounces softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin tin liberally with non-stick spray.
- Unroll the puff pastry and spray with water.
- Mix the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the pastry.
- Blend the cream cheese and 3 tablespoons sugar until smooth; spread over the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle with the berries.
- Roll the dough up jelly-roll style.
- Cut into 6 pieces and place 1 piece into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until browned (do not underbake).
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edge of each bun and tilt to cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 176
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 6% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 265 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.