Cinnamon Roll Blondies Recipe
Almost everyone loves cinnamon rolls, and the taste of these bars will remind you of them. They are quicker and easier, though, so you definitely have time to make them.
32 Bar Cookies
1 cup melted butter
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup softened butter
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4-1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8" x 11" shallow baking dish liberally with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light.
- Mix in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla; continue beating until well-mixed.
- Measure the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture; shake through.
- With the mixer on low speed, mix well.
- Spread half of the mixture evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the filling ingredients and spread over the layer of dough; top with the remaining half of the dough and spread evenly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the bars are baked through and the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Spread with the cream cheese frosting and cut into 32 squares.
- Cream cheese frosting: Whip the butter and cream cheese until light.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in whipping cream until very light.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 107
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 4% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Bar
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.