Lumpy Litter with Disgusting Dumps Recipe
This cake is actually luscious and decadent; a homemade dense fudge cake, covered with a light and delicious frosting, with cookie crumb litter and candy bar “dumps.”
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs, separated
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 11 oz. package Cookies, - light ones like Pecan Sandies or Almondettes
Gray food coloring, (or a few drops of black)
15 fun size candy bars (Twix are most authentic looking, but Baby Ruth and Tootsie Rolls work well too.
1 new small litter box with a new scoop
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with Baker's Joy or equivalent; line with parchment and spray the parchment.
- Cake>Cream the sugar and butter; add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate until smooth, then add the milk and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Line the bottom and partially up the sides of the new, clean litter box with foil and invert the baked and cooled cake onto the foil. Press on the cake a bit around the edges so it fits perfectly into the litter box.
- Frosting: Place the whipping cream, sugar, and butter in a microwaveable container. Microwave on high power for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture, then return it to the microwave for 1-2 more minutes, or until the mixture boils.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth and add the chocolate chips and corn syrup; whisk until smooth; the frosting will thicken upon cooling.
- Cat Litter: Whiz the cookies in the food processor until crumbly; add a few drops food coloring (I use gel paste) and whiz until the mixture is fine and looks gray.
- Assembly: Frost the cake with the fudge frosting (it's okay if it isn't set up yet). Tear off any foil that is showing above the cake.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cookie crumbs.
- Arrange the Twix bars to resemble cat dumps, partially burying some of them to look authentic.
- Place the litter box on a newspaper to serve with the new cat scoop.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 180
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 129 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.