Valentine's Day Torte
Ganache Filling and Topping:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 3 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 15 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 9" yellow cake layer made from a yellow cake mix
- Make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave-safe container (preferably a glass measuring cup).
- Microwave 3 minutes; remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Cream Filling: Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth; pour into a bowl and chill.
- Cut the cake layer in half horizontally making two layers; place the bottom layer on a serving platter.
- Assembly: Spread 1/3 of the ganache over the bottom cake layer, cut side up.
- Spread half of the cream filling over the ganache.
- Drop dollops of the cherry pie filling over the cream filling.
- Place the top layer of the cake over the fillings.
- Cover with 1/3 of the ganache, spread the remaining pie filling over the ganache, and drizzle the remaining ganache over the cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until chilled through.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 193
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 3% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 299 mg
Total Carbohydrate 51 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g 1
Sugars 13 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.