Cajun Pecan Praline Crepes Recipe
Although store-bought crepes can be found in most larger grocery stores nowadays, homemade crepes can be made easily with a little practice, and they taste much better. If you plan to make a lot of crepes or other pancakes, there are crepe maker appliances that do an excellent job and are very easy to use.
These luscious crepes are definitely suitable for a Mardi Gras party or any gathering where Cajun food is served. Your guests will ooh and aah over this showstopper dessert.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 3/4 cups water
1 tablespoon vanilla
12 8 inch crepes
- Melt the butter in a large skillet; whisk in the sugars and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugars are dissolved.
- Whisk in the water and vanilla; stir until slightly thickened.
- Fold each of the crepes in half, then half again making them into triangles.
- Layer each triangle in the skillet, spooning sauce over each of the crepes before adding the remainder.
- Cook until heated through.
- Spoon two crepes onto each serving plate along with extra sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 69
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 0% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.