32 Bars or Squares
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a 9 x 13" pan with parchment and spray with non-stick spray, or grease well with butter.
- Crust: Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Spread evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly colored and firm to the touch.
- Topping: With the mixture on low speed, beat the eggs, baking powder, vanilla, and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved (do not overbeat or turn the mixture to a faster speed; there should be no foam) and stir in the pecans and coconut.
- Pour the topping over the baked cookie crust, and smooth the top evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and firm.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let the bars cool completely to room temperature before cutting into 32 bars or squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 86 Calories from Fat 44
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 5% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g 8%
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 44 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.