Plum Custard Cake Recipe
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter
6 to 8 black plums, quartered and pitted
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
Freshly grated nutmeg, (about 1/2 teaspoon in all)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Grease a shallow 9 x 7 x 2" or 8 x 8 x 2" glass casserole dish; set aside.
- Crust: place flour, sugar (2 tablespoons), salt, and baking powder in food processor and pulse to mix.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pat the mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish and 1" up the sides.
- Arrange the plum slices evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the 1/3 cup sugar over the plum slices.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over all.
- Custard Filling: Mix the egg yolks, whole egg, and whipping cream. (it can be whizzed in the processor or blender at low speed).
- Pour the mixture over the plums.
- Using a nutmeg grater or Microplane, grate the nutmeg evenly over the mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 222
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 61% Protein 5% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 180 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.