Zucchini Walnut Chocolate Chippers Recipe
While the original recipe calls for walnuts, you can substitute pecans or almonds if you prefer; or if you don’t like nuts, you can leave them out.
About 4 dozen
3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light; mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a fine strainer set over the zucchini mixture; shake through.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 59
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 4% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.