Putrid Peanut Butter Cauldron Mix Recipe
This cauldron mix can be made up to a month ahead and kept in an airtight container.
2 11 oz. package butterscotch chips
1 cup butter
2 cups creamy peanut butter
Orange paste food coloring, (optional)
1 16 oz. package Rice Chex cereal
5 cups Crispix cereal
4 cups salted peanuts
6 cups powdered sugar
2 cups Autumn colored M & M's Candies (or Halloween colors)
2 cups Reese's Pieces
4 cups autumn or Halloween Peanut M & M's candies
1 to 2 cups marshmallow eyeballs, or other eyeball candies
- Melt the butterscotch chips, butter, and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every minute or so until smooth; stir in enough food coloring (if using) to make the mixture a bright orange.
- Mix the Rice Chex, peanuts, and Crispix in a large bowl.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture over and stir until well coated.
- Measure the powdered sugar in a large brown paper grocery bag.
- Pour the mixture into the bag, fold down the top, and shake well until well-coated.
- Spread on baking sheets to dry before mixing with the candies. Can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 128
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 7% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 137 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.