Thanksgiving Pie Egg Rolls
The air fryer makes it possible to “fry” these egg rolls with minimum oil and no lingering stale oil smell in the house. These crunchy egg rolls can be stuffed with any pie – I used sweet potato, apple, lemon meringue, banana cream, chocolate cream, custard, and pecan.
12 egg roll wrappers
2 1/4 cups leftover pie, any flavor
2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a diagonal on a countertop.
- About 2" in from the bottom point, place about 3 tablespoons pie - filling, cream, meringue, top crust (omit the bottom crust if it's soggy).
- Brush or spray the edges of the egg roll wrapper with water and bring the bottom point up over the filling, tucking it in.
- Fold the edges over to the center, envelope style.
- Roll up, pressing on the point to seal.
- Brush with vegetable oil on both sides.
- Heat the air fryer to 390Â° and set for 10 minutes
- Place the brushed egg rolls in the pan of the air fryer and let air fry until crisp, turning once after 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm
Amount Per Serving
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 53
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 30% Protein 10% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 171 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.