Berry Easy Angel Dessert Recipe
Although you can bake your own angel food cake at home, ready-made cakes can be picked up in any bakery and that makes this a no-bake dessert that is wonderful in hot weather.
3/4 cup water
1 3 oz. package raspberry or blackberry gelatin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup ice cubes
2 cups heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks (do not substitute frozen whipped topping – it’s too sweet and will ruin the dessert)
6 cups fresh berries
1 angel food cake, (loaf size) cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- Bring the water to a boil in the microwave; add the gelatin and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the ice cubes, stir till melted, then put the mixture in the freezer while you are preparing the remaining ingredients to cool quickly. Or cool in the refrigerator; it takes longer.
- Mix the cooled gelatin mixture into the whipped cream; add the berries and cake squares.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13 x 9 inch glass dish or fancy serving dish.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes to one hour.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 136
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 6% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 208 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 71% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.