Fresh Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
Although there are a few steps to making this cake, it is definitely worth it. It can also be made a day or two ahead. This is a perfect summer dessert and is perfect for outdoor gatherings and picnics.
1 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
1 3 oz. package raspberry gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Fresh strawberry, halved for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray with flour.
- Place the cake mix, butter, eggs, and water in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides. Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- When the cake is cool, use a fork to poke holes over the surface of the cake. Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water; stir in the cold water and pour over the cake. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Mix the strawberries and sugar; let sit until the sugar is dissolved. Mix the instant pudding mix with the milk until smooth and stir in the strawberries.
- Spread the mixture over the cake. Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over the pudding and garnish with strawberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 193
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 4% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 284 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 28% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.