Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
I like to include this yummy cake on the dessert buffet table no matter what the season, and it is perfect in the summer for outdoor gatherings and barbecues. It can also be made into cupcakes. If you want to “gild the lily,” you can serve it with Homemade Lemon Curd, (I always do) which is made in the microwave in just minutes. Although storebought lemon curd is available, the brands I have tried previously aren’t really very good, so I always take the 15 minutes to make my own.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
zest of 2 lemons
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom of an 8" springform pan with non-stick spray, line with parchment (you can also use a standard loaf pan if you prefer).
- Beat the butter and sugar until light; beat in the eggs.
- Measure the flour into a fine strainer and shake over the mixture. Add the lemon zest and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar; pour over the warm cake. Cool thoroughly before cutting into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 155
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 5% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 112 mg
Sodium 24 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 29 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.