Buttery Rhubarb Dump Cake Recipe
Incidentally, there is no flavor difference between green rhubarb and red rhubarb; the color mostly depends on the variety. The rhubarb I used in this recipe and the photograph was mostly green. When I shop for rhubarb at the grocery store, i look for large red crisp-looking stalks since they seem to look better in desserts.
4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/4" dice
3/4 cup sugar (add up to 2 tablespoons more if you want it sweeter)
1 15,25 ounce white or yellow cake mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Scatter the rhubarb over the bottom of the prepared baking dish; sprinkle the sugar evenly over the rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the sugared rhubarb.
- Pour the water over the cake mix, being careful to moisten as much as possible.
- Drizzle the butter evenly over all.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 134
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 0% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 345 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 28 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.