Cal - Ital Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches combine flavors of Italy with my home state of California. They are easy to make, but perfect for parties, picnics, half-time, or any time you need a great sandwich.
- 1 pound roast beef, sliced thin for sandwiches
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano, crushed
- 2 Tbs pesto
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced thin for sandwiches
- 4 round, large rolls (kaiser rolls work well)
- 1 tomato, sliced thin for sandwiches (optional)
- In a bowl mix the julienned roasted peppers, minced garlic, and oregano. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the pesto and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Open the rolls. On the bottom on each roll place 1/4 of the roast beef.
- Top the roast beef with some of the peppers.
- Place a slice of Monterrey Jack cheese on each sandwich top with a slice of tomato.
- Spread top of each roll with 1 Tbs of the pesto-mayonnaise.
- Place the top of the roll on the sandwich, cut in half, and serve with a smile.
Note: These sandwiches can be served hot. Prepare the pesto-mayonnaise and peppers ahead of time. Place the roast beef in a crock pot with 2 cups beef broth and 2 cloves of garlic. Bring to a simmer and then lower the heat to keep warm. Place the cheese, rolls, tomatoes, pesto-mayonnaise, and peppers near the crockpot and allow diners to assemble their own sandwiches.
You Should Also Read:
Italian Steak Sandwiches
Tortellini Salad Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.