Classic Snickerdoodle Recipe
Snickerdoodles are quick to make, and easy enough for children to help. Using a small scoop not only makes shaping faster, it insures that the cookies are uniform in size. Once the balls of dough are scooped, it takes just a minute to roll them in the hand into small balls, then roll them in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Using all butter in these cookies results in a crisper cookie; using all shortening results in a softer, chewier cookie.
4 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and blend well.
- In a separate bowl mix the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop tablespoons of the dough, and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks and cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 41
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 73 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.