Amaretto Peach Tart Recipe
The official Hancock taste testers declared this the best peach dessert of the summer, and there were no leftovers. There are already several requests for a repeat performance.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
8 medium peaches, pitted, peeled, and sliced
1/4 cup amaretto, divided
1 cup whole almonds
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening
9 tablespoons butter, (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Filling: Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a large covered saucepan.
- Remove the cover, stir until the sugar has dissolved, and add the sliced peaches.
- Let the mixture come to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons amaretto.
- Let the peaches cool in the juices to room temperature.
- This step can be done up to 2 days ahead – in this case, refrigerate the peaches.
- Topping: Place the almonds and sugar in the food processor and process until very fine.
- Add the butter, almond extract, and eggs; process until smooth and well-mixed.
- Crust: Mix the flour and salt in the food processor.
- Add the shortening and butter; process until the butter is the size of small peas - a few on-off pulses.
- Pour in the ice water and pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- Assembly: Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Press the crust into a 12" tart pan with 1" high sides.
- Drain the peaches and arrange them over the surface of the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons Amaretto over the peaches.
- Drop spoonfuls of the almond mixture over the peaches.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until the topping is puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool before cutting into 16 wedges.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 209
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 4% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 272 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 22 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.