Almond Cinnamon Meringue Cookie Recipe
Meringue cookies are low fat and low in sugar. Enjoy these cookies as a light ending to a heavy meal. They make a healthy alternative to many desserts.
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp almonds, finely chopped
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg whites, almond extract, and salt. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. When you lift the beater out of the whites the peak will curl.
- Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture a tablespoon at a time. Beat the egg whites until the peaks stand up straight.
- Gently fold in the chopped almonds.
- Using a tablespoon, drop well-rounded spoonfuls of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheets, 1” apart.
- Bake at 250F for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the cookies to dry in the closed oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and gently peel the cookies off the cookie sheets and store in air tight containers.
You Should Also Read:
Anise Cookie Recipe - Biscotti Anginetti
Chocolate Espresso Cake Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.