Fluffy White Frosting Recipe
Frosting cupcakes with Fluffy White Frosting is especially easy, since they can be dipped in the frosting and swirled; no knife needed. It’s important to make the frosting just before it’s needed because it sets up quickly.
16 Servings; enough for a 2-3 layer cake, a 9 x 13” cake, or 24 cupcakes
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 unbeaten egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, place the egg whites in the mixing bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly pour the sugar mixture into the egg whites while the mixer is running.
- Continue beating until the mixture has cooled and is light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vanilla
- Frost the cake immediately since the frosting sets up quickly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 0
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 0% Protein 3% Carb. 97%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 39 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.