Strawberry Frangipane Tart Recipe
If you’re wondering why this recipe uses raspberry flavored liqueur and jam rather than strawberry, it’s because commercial jams and liqueurs often contain artificial flavors, and when paired with the real thing, the combination emphasizes the artificial taste. When raspberry flavors are used, the fresh taste of the strawberries doesn’t clash with artificial flavors; the raspberry actually complements the fresh strawberries. Alternately, if you have some homemade uncooked strawberry freezer jam, it works well as the glaze, and because it is full of fresh strawberries, won’t ruin the taste.
1 Press-in Tart Crust
1/2 cup almonds
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, or raspberry flavored coffee syrup
3 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Crust: Mix and press the tart crust dough into an 8" x 11" rectangular tart pan or a 9" round tart pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer while the oven heats to 425°,
- Remove the crust from the freezer and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake until the crust is just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Frangipane Filling: While the crust is baking, prepare the frangipane.
- In food processor grind the almonds and sugar until powdery.
- Add the eggs and almond extract, pulsing until well mixed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the hot crust, then carefully spread.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350°.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the frangipane is puffed and golden.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Whip the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the raspberry liqueur or coffee syrup and whip until it is light and smooth.
- Spread on cooled frangipane.
- Strawberry Topping: Mix the strawberries with the raspberry jam.
- Spread evenly over the filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Serve with the sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 186
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 5% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 21 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 233 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 36% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.