Patriotic Pudding Recipe
This Patriotic Pudding is similar to an English trifle, since it’s layers of fruit and pudding; it differs because it calls for crisp macaroon cookies instead of sponge cake. This delicious pudding shows off the fresh fruits of summer; it's light and creamy and is sure to become a favorite.
Patriotic Pudding8 Servings
1 3.5 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
2 tablespoons blackberry jam
1/2 pound crisp macaroon cookies, coarsely crushed (2 cups)
- Mix the pudding and milk in blender; blend until smooth, scraping the sides down once.
- Immediately pour the pudding into a bowl to set.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks; fold into the set pudding.
- Mix the strawberries and raspberry jam in a small bowl .
- Mix 1 cup of blueberries and blackberry jam in a small bowl.
- Measure 3 tablespoons of the crushed macaroon cookies and set aside.
- Pour half of the remaining cookies on the bottom of a 1 quart decorative glass bowl.
- Cover with 1/4 of the pudding mixture.
- Spread the blueberry mixture over the pudding.
- Pour 1/3 of the remaining pudding over the blueberries.
- Spread the remaining macaroon crumbs over the pudding and then another layer of pudding.
- Spread the strawberry mixture over the pudding, add the remaining pudding.
- Sprinkle the reserved 3 tablespoons macaroon crumbs, and then arrange the reserved 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least four hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 165
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 5% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 166 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 24% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.