Another time, vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies (like Lorna Doone or Chessmen) can be used instead of the sugar cookies, and other berries such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or a mixture of several can be used in place of the strawberries.
1 3 oz. package instant lemon pudding mix
2 cups milk
8 ounces Easter sugar cookies, from the grocery store bakery
2 cups sliced strawberries, plus more for garnish
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk; set aside for about 10 minutes until set.
- Line the bottom of a 1 quart glass dish with cookies.
- Pour half of the pudding over the cookies.
- Arrange cookies decoratively around the side of the bowl (the pudding will keep them in place).
- Top the pudding with 1 cup of the strawberries; top the strawberries with a layer of cookies.
- Pour the remaining pudding on top of the cookies, add the remaining 1 cup of strawberries.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Cover the strawberries with the whipped cream.
- Decorate with additional strawberries and cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 142
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 5% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 309 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 36% Calcium 0% Iron 1%