Cherry Bon Bons aren’t just for the Christmas holidays; they can be adapted to other holidays such as Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, or the 4th of July simply by changing the color of the frosting. Chocolate frosting is the favorite of the official Hancock tasters, and they like them year round. This easy cookie is sure to become a favorite with everyone.
About 4 dozen cookies
48 maraschino cherries
4 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup canned chocolate frosting, or canned vanilla frosting
- Place the maraschino cherries on a layer of paper towels; top with another layer and press down to remove as much juice as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, eggs, and almond extract.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls.
- Press a cherry into the center of each ball and shape the dough around each.
- Place on parchment-lined or well-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to cooling racks; let cool thoroughly.
- Open the can of frosting; microwave 30 seconds.
- Stir and dip the top of each cookie in the frosting.
- Add a few sprinkles immediately.
- Once the frosting has set, store in an airtight container or freeze.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 46
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 5% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%